Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Variety of sports pics

The last week has been a fun one. I missed my first ever high school football game because I was sick on Friday. I shot some volleyball and tennis and jr. high football as well as an NCAA Division I-AA game in which Don Chapman broke Tennesse-Martin's all-time rushing record.
For the NCAA photo, I was shooting with my 20D, 70-200 2.8L and 2X on 3200 ISO. Chapman was only 10 yards coming into the game and I was hoping to get the shot early so that I wouldn't have to shoot 3200. The game started at 6 p.m. and he didn't break the record until after 7 and it was starting to get dark. In fact, after dark under the lights at 2.8, I still had to shoot 3200 to even get a good shutter speed.
The junior high football pics are okay but nothing outstanding. The tennis was shot on Monday and I had some decent stuff but nothing award winning. I'm also including one volleyball pic shot with an Alien Bee B400. Let me know what you all think.













2 comments:

Marc F. Henning said...

is the lead photo the Tennessee-Martin photo? it looks like it was still shot with some daylight left.

Mark Buffalo said...

Marc,
it was shot with some daylight left but it was getting dark quickly. Since I was using the 2x on the 70-200 and was only getting 5.6, I had to boost it up to 3200. The people at UTM were not unhappy with the photo so it worked out okay and I made a little spending $$$ too. did you shoot the hogs game? I bet it wasn't fun.