Saturday, September 29, 2007

Football, football and football









It has been a busy couple of weeks with football games, homecoming events, and of course, more football. I've had some good luck with my action shots lately after reading and re-reading Scott Varley's article on flash football. Most of the time, I'm using my Sigma flash on 1/16 power and the camera on either 800 or 1600 ISO. (I'd love to get a 30D, 40D or Mark II so I can use 1250 ISO). I do, however, get some overexposed photos when the play comes to the sideline but I'm sure all photographers get that at some point or another.




On Friday night, I covered the Lonoke Jackrabbits as they scored 31 unanswered points in the second half to win 45-14. Lonoke quarterback Rollins Elam, #10, passed for 443 yards and three touchdowns. He also ran for 2 touchdowns. Lonoke receiver Clarence Harris (1) caught 14 passes for more than 200 yards. He even ran some plays at quarterback, ala Darren McFadden of the Razorbacks. On the photo near the pylon, Harris was trying to score on a two-point conversion but he stepped out of bounds before diving to the end zone. On one photo, he tried to catch the ball but was interferred with by a Bald Knob defender. He still almost caught it.




Several other photos include shots from Cabot's win over Conway on Sept. 28 and one from the Junior Bison's win over Palestine-Wheatley this past Thursday. With all these games, I'm also keeping notes and stats so I can write stories for my newspapers -- the Cabot Star-Herald, Lonoke Democrat and Carlisle Independent. So, I'm multi-tasking!




Mark

3 comments:

Andy Shupe said...

Holy smokers, it's Mark Buffalo! Nice stuff, by the way.

Marc F. Henning said...

Hey Mark. We're into December now. Update yer blog!

Mark Buffalo said...

I finally updated, Marc and thanks Shupe. I love your blog too.