Wednesday, August 29, 2007

HS volleyball

I shot my first high school volleyball matches of the season on Tuesday. I used my Canon EOS 20D, 70-200 2.8L and my Alien Bee B400 with the ebay radio slave.
Most of the shots were at 1/250 second, f4.0 and either 400 or 800 ISO.
This was the first time I've shot a game in this gym and I had to find a spot to mount the AB. Luckily, no one complained about the flash. I made sure I told the AD and the local coach that I would be using the flash. I was pleased with the results.
The second photo is the lead photo on the Lonoke Democrat sports page.
Also, my mom starts her chemo on Thursday and my wife's mother is having issues so please pray for us.
Mark








2 comments:

Cindy Shaver said...

Great shots! I'm glad they let you use the AB. I always worry when I want to use the SB600!

Mark Buffalo said...

Cindy,
Thanks for the comment. In Arkansas, I've never had a problem shooting with any type of flash when it comes to volleyball and basketball.

I like your website too. Great portraits.

Mark