Saturday, January 3, 2009

Arkansas Razorback basketball

I shot the Arkansas Razorbacks' basketball game with North Texas at Alltel Arena in North Little Rock. The Hogs won the game, pulling away in the second half but they did trail at halftime. Maybe it was a bit of a hangover after beating No. 4 Oklahoma on Tuesday of this week.
Michael Washington is a beast. Courtney Fortson is for real. Marcus Monk is a difference maker and John Pelphrey is the man. It was the first time I've ever seen him in person and he would be worth the price of admission. He even got a technical today. It was fun.
Now the Hogs play Texas in Fayetteville next week. It will be the first time the Horns have played in Fayetteville since Nolan and May-Day beat Sweet Tom and BMW in 1991 at Barnhill Arena and I was there and it ruled.
My shots were all that great today but I had a good time. Let me know what you think.
Mark






















4 comments:

Marc F. Henning said...

Good Stuff Mark. Nice Job!

Mark Buffalo said...

Thanks Marc. I didn't feel like I had a good day but I was happy with them for the most part. The wide shots were taken on the 20D with a 16-35.

Are you shooting the Texas game? Don't let them win!

Cameron Magee said...

whoa. I love that wide shot at the top, the action you stopped is incredible.

Mark Buffalo said...

Cameron, thanks for the comment. I shot it with an old Canon 20D and a 16-35 2.8L lens. I was pretty happy with it and it showed the environment of the arena.