Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lonoke Season Opener

For the first time since Cabot played in the state title game in 2000, I was able to shoot varsity football in the daytime and it was a pleasure to do so. I would have liked it to have been a little brighter but we, in Arkansas, were getting ready for the remnants of Gustav.

I shot more than 1,100 pics during the game, including pregame and halftime. I used my 1.4 extender during the first half and took it off in the second half when it started getting a bit darker but it was good to not have to worry about a flash. I'm one that if I can get something good at 3,200 ISO, I'll do it and not worry about using a flash.







The Lonoke Jackrabbits played the first game of the Arkansas high school football season on Monday in the Hootens.com kickoff classic at UAPB. The Jackrabbits won 35-20.

All photos were shot with the 40D, 70-200 2.8L and a 1.4 extender. It was fun to finally shoot a real football game.

Mark

3 comments:

Marc F. Henning said...

nice stuff Mark. enjoyed seeing ya in Little Rock yesterday. hope you got some good shots from the game.

Mark Buffalo said...

thanks marc, I will post some in a day or two after i get this week's papers out. Getting to hang with you and Zac was a lot of fun. There are times I wish i was just a photojournalist like you guys so it is a treat when I hang you all and Russ and Chris and Nelson, especially him since I used his 300 yesterday!

Marc F. Henning said...

that was really cool of Nelson to let you use his lens. i'll keep looking for your photos to post.