Friday, June 5, 2009

Accidental catch in centerfield

Cabot Centennial Bank centerfielder Zach Uhiren caught a fly ball during Class A American Legion baseball action on Friday night at the Brian Wade Conrade Memorial Field.
But it wasn't a typical catch.


Zach sees the ball coming toward him.


Zach is battling the sun.

He turns his head from the ball.

As you can see, the ball is coming toward him and he sticks his glove out but he's not sure where the ball is.

He somehow catches the ball.

The ball almost pops out of his glove.

He manages to hang on.

And after a few more shots, including the umpire getting in my way, Zach shows his surprise.
Even the umpire and the Conway coach asked me if I got the photo and I was proud to say that I had.
Normally, I like to run faces but if I had his face the entire time, I wouldn't have gotten the shot in this way. I'll probably run a series of shots in this week's Star-Herald.
All photos were shot with a Canon EOS 40D DSLR, 70-200 2.8L lens with a 1.4 Series I extender. I'd love to shoot with a 300 but this setup still does pretty well.
thanks for looking
Mark

1 comment:

Pam Steele Photography said...

These are amazing.. but your pics are always amazing, Mark!